If you enjoy entertaining, but are limited on space you may be concerned about the comfort of your guests. Don't worry; these tips can help you make even a small space a pleasant place to stay:
* To keep a small guest room from feeling cluttered, remove all your personal items form the room, including items in the closets and drawers.
* In addition to the bed, add a small dresser, a chair and night tables with reading lamps on each side of the bed.
* Put a trunk or chest at the end of the bed. This is perfect for holding extra bed linens and it can double as a suitcase rack.
* The right accessories won't take up a lot of space, but they will make your guests feel right at home. Items to consider are a full-length mirror, a clock, telephone, television and a fan.
* Leave reading and writing materials on the night table, instead of having a separate writing desk. Place stationary, pens, postage stamps, current magazines, information about your area, and novels by well-known authors in each nightstand.
* Place an attractive basket of such essentials as shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap and shaving products in the room, just in case your guests forgot anything.