To save a listing to your list of favorites, click into the listing you're interested in and simply click the "Save Listing" button from the listing details page.
You have now saved your listing!
To view your saved listings, click on the top " Saved Listings" link at the top of the screen near the menu. Save as many as you want and catalog them with this easy-to-use feature!
Congrats - You found your dream home! Your offer was accepted, the home passed the inspection, and you’re nearing the end of the closing process. You are days away from being a new homeowner! Last step before you sign the papers and get the keys: the final walkthrough.
Your real estate agent has scheduled the final walkthrough for approximately 24 hours before you’ll sign. This is your final opportunity to make sure everything is as it should be. Sound stressful? Don’t worry – most walkthroughs come and go without a hitch, and your agent will be there with you every step of the way. However, it’s still important to be prepared and know what to look for.
How To Prepare For Your Final Walkthrough
Step 1: Create a checklist covering everything to look for during your final walkthrough. That’s it! Sounds simple enough, but this checklist is crucial. Your real estate agent will help you develop a comprehensive list that’s specific to your home, but we’ve prepared an example checklist to get you started.
Final Walkthrough Checklist
· Agreed Upon Repairs – Have all of your previous concerns been addressed?
· Previously Hard-to-See Areas – Now that the property is vacant, make sure to check the areas that may have previously been hidden by furniture.
· Missing Items – If you were promised something in your contract, make sure it’s still there and in working order.
· Cleanliness/Excess Items – Don’t panic over a bit of dirt, but make sure the property is left in a generally clean condition and the sellers haven’t left behind any trash or unwanted items.
o Dishwasher and Garbage Disposal
o Washing Machine/Dryer
· Lights/Ceiling Fans
· Exhaust Fans
· Faucets/Drains (make sure to check for leaks)
· Water Pressure and Temperature
· Toilets (do they flush?)
· General Check of Walls, Floors, and Ceilings
· Fixtures (i.e. doorknobs, built-in toilet paper holders, etc.)
· Windows and Doors
· Heat and A/C
· Smoke Alarms
· General check of external walls, roof, and gutter
· Garage Door (and remote!)
· Utility Readings (to ensure accurate billing)
What To Bring To Your Final Walkthrough
· Purchase Agreement – To ensure all agreed upon terms have been met
· Inspection Report – To make sure any necessary repairs have been made (you can request receipts!)
· Pen and Sticky Notes – To mark any areas of concern (you can also take notes on your phone for your personal records)
· Camera – To document any areas of concern (you can use your phone!)
· Phone Charger – To test outlets
· Your Real Estate Agent
Don’t Walk Through Alone!
Now you’re ready for your final walkthrough, but don’t walk alone! Your real estate agent has your best interest in mind and has the professional experience to help you successfully navigate the home-buying journey.
No matter where you are in the home-buying process, Blue Ridge Properties' realtors and real estate agents can help you from search to close or jump in at any point in between to provide guidance. Find an agent here!