How Does Saved Listings Work?

To save a listing to your list of favorites, click into the listing you're interested in and simply click the "Save Listing" button from the listing details page.

You have now saved your listing!

To view your saved listings, click on the top " Saved Listings" link at the top of the screen near the menu. Save as many as you want and catalog them with this easy-to-use feature!

Real Estate Tips

« Back | Home

Fixed-Rate Mortgages Preferred

Fixed-rate loans accounted for more than 95 percent of all refinance loans in the fourth quarter, regardless of whether the original loan was an adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) or a fixed-rate, according to a report by Freddie Mac. Nearly two-thirds of borrowers who had a hybrid ARM (58 percent) chose a fixed-rate loan during the fourth quarter, while the remaining 42 percent refinanced into a similar type of product.
An increasing number of refinancing borrowers chose to shorten their loan terms. Of those who paid off a 30 year fixed-rate loan, 43 percent chose a 15 year or 20 year loan, the highest such share since the first quarter of 2003. The strong refinance activity is attributed to continuing low interest rates on fixed-rate mortgages, which averaged 4 percent for 30 year loans and 3.3 percent for 15 years during the fourth quarter, according to Freddie Mac's Primary Mortgage Market Survey.